STARKE AYRES LANDSCAPING DIVISION operates out of the Starke Ayres Garden Centre in Rosebank, Cape Town and consists of a dedicated team of designers and core staff. Our team consists of John Sharpe (ND Horticulture 1986) and Charlotta Carollisen (ND Landscape Technology 2007, BTech Environmental Management 2008), and a team of talented staff. John’s interests include Protea propagation, permaculture, mountain hiking and classic car restoration, while Charlotta enjoys swimming and camping, is a beginner surfer, and loves the Cape town markets and wine tasting.
Together, John and Charlotta have a good eye for design and detail. They have 44 years of combined experience in the horticultural and landscaping industry. John and Charlotta can walk you through the entire remodelling process of your garden, from one-on-one consultation to CAD and hand drawn designs (for those adventurous clients who wish to experience the joy of installing their own gardens).
Should you, the client, wish to have our team install your garden or parts thereof, we offer a complete installation service.
Some of the areas of expertise that we can assist you with are:
• Scaled landscape drawings – CAD and hand drawn
• Suitable plant selections, including indigenous and contemporary selections
• Irrigation design and installation
• Timber decking
• Hard landscaping including paving and small retainer walls
• Ponds and water features
• Rain water harvesting, water tank supply and installation
• Roof top gardens
• Interior plantscapes
• Seasonal garden maintenance and feeding programs
• Outdoor trellises and garden accessories
Principal Member of SALI
(The South African Landscape Institute of South Africa)